Monday 6 August 2007

yummy+fond memories

Some time ago...my fren A brought me to one of her fav ice-cream shops at wheelock place...
Tucked into the wall between 2 major restaurants was a small icecream stall.

haato


Both of us shared a double-scoop cup: green tea and lychee sorbet.
YummY!! *slurp*
Green tea had a great blend of green tea bitter and creamy sweetness. Lychee sorbet was nicely light with fresh bits of lychee flesh inside. The 2 made a good combo.
yesh i noe i hardly compliment food. AND now i'm actually describing them as tho i'm a food host!?! >groanz..wat is happening<


So yesterdae when yx suggested ice-cream after dinner (yesh he hardly mentions icecream)..i decided tat i had to show him THIS shop.
Boring me ordered my 2scoop cone green tea and lychee sorbet again ^greedy^
yx had a 2scoop chocolate banana and mango.
everything was pleasant overall..altho i still preferred my good ol' combination..hehe.

Decided to find out if it had its own website. It did! haato
And then i was reading its history...said it was formerly known as Gelato di Crema at Liang Court.
OH!
Flashbacks of me hanging around a Gelato-something icecream stall outside the then Daimaru supermarket at Liang Court when i was still a kid. And I would order the watermelon sorbet icecream diligently every week when i tagged along with my parents on their weekend trip to the supermarket. after we shifted house..we hardly went back to liang court for grocery shopping..and i soon forgot about my fav gelato icecream...my hunch tells me that the Gelato they wrote in their website..must be the gelato i knew so well when i was young..hehe.
now it's all coming back to me..fond memories of my childhood. yumyum

No comments: